Saturday, September 29, 2012

Inspired by Design

 Dear Readers,
A couple of days ago I was trolling around a few of my favorite blogs. As one thing leads to another, I often stumble on to some really great stuff by accident. For instance, I was checking out Fashionnette-work.blogspot.com, and I noticed marleysimonestyle.com. While viewing the Marley Simone site I came upon one of her postings on the style of Ulyana Sergeenko (Russian Photographer/Designer).
Ulyana Sergeenko
 Ms. Sergeenko was wearing a black headband, and brightly colored lips (I coincidentally, have recently committed to very red lipstick - don't ask, I may be having an '80's Sade flashback, anyways. . .). It was art plus love to my eyes. I was immediately obsessed with that headband.
Additionally, the Sergeenko designs shown had that sort of 50's/60's timeless feminine glamour. Who doesn't love that? No one that's who.

Because I was in between doing constructive, yet mundane tasks, (next week's laundry/grocery shopping/cleaning the bathroom/balancing checkbook/picking foxtails out of Buddy's fur) I decided to hop on over to Hobby Lobby to purchase the materials to make a headband similar to my new BFF Ulyana. Let me say this - Hobby Lobby is a very strange place. I will probably not go there again. It was a little too Suburban Stepford Housewives for me, and there were too many husbands there for my taste. Weird right?

 I made the headband in Panera's while eating a sandwich and watching a very bad movie (on my beloved Samsung Galaxy Tablet - yeah boy!) about corrupt Brazilian politicians.The photos above represent my interpretation of feminine glamour all wrapped up in the magic and mystery of Mignonne.Sounds fantastic and looks like fashion. By the way my super fly cat eye sunglasses are from retrocitysunglasses.com. I got them for about $10. Not bad eh? Better get you some.

 Love M.

No comments:

Post a Comment