Sunday, December 30, 2012

...to the end of the road

It is the eve of New Year's Eve. A natural time to take stock. I only reluctantly want to do any stock taking. I used to be excited about resolutions. But the new car smell has truly worn off all of my great past proclamations. I have not lost that weight. I am not debt free. I do not speak Spanish. I cannot play the piano. I have not submitted a manuscript to a publishing house. I still work for the MAN. When you are good and grown, life is full of plans gone awry. I don't mean to sound depressed, because I'm not. Things just are what they are.
I have done lots of other stuff, met many worthwhile people, and even loved some of them. I hope I have made good use of my time and myself.
This blog was started as a "creative outlet" (sounds so cheesy and trite. I know). My goal was to post at least one entry per month. I sort of made that. I think I missed November. Now I am ready to shut this literary landmark down. I have other plans which don't include this blog. I had fun. I posted some cool photographs. Now this experiment is over. So long, and farewell dear readers, I will see you in the blogosphere.

to be continued. . .Love M.

No comments:

Post a Comment